- Twycross Zoo
- Atherstone, Warwickshire
- Permanent, Full Time
Cleaner / Waste Management Assistant
No previous experience required. Multiple permanent contracts, full time and part time hours available.
East Midland Zoological Society has been running Twycross Zoo for almost 60 years in the heart of England. Twycross Zoo is an award-winning conservation and science-led zoo. We are rapidly growing, and pre-Covid, were welcoming over 600,000 people every year to our 100-acre rural site near Atherstone.
The Role – Cleaner / Waste Management Assistant
As a Cleaner / Waste Management Assistant, you’ll be part of a small team responsible for undertaking a high standard of cleaning across the zoo premises, which include the toilet facilities and all visitor areas around the zoo.
You will work across a large area of the zoo spanning outdoor areas and facilities in all weather conditions and your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Litter picking and emptying bins throughout the site to ensure public areas are clean and presentable
- Dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping and other cleaning related tasks
- Performing and documenting routine cleans and inspections of toilet facilities
- Conducting stock counts of cleaning supplies
There are multiple permanent contracts available, with either full time or part time hours as follows:
- Roles with full time hours: minimum of 35 hours per week, working between the hours of 8am and 6pm up to 5 days out of 7 per week on a rota, which will include weekends, school holidays and bank holidays
- Roles with part time hours: minimum of 24 hours per week, working between the hours of 8am and 6pm 3 days per week on a rota, which will include weekends, school holidays and bank holidays
The Package – Cleaner / Waste Management Assistant
- Pay rate between £7.15 and £8.91 per hour (in line with national minimum/living wage rates)
- Permanent contract
- Staff membership card giving you free entry to the Zoo on your days off
- Complimentary Twycross Zoo ticket allowance for friends and family
- Free access to other BIAZA zoos and aquariums (Covid-19 dependent)
- 25% discount in the Twycross Zoo gift shop
- 10% discount in Twycross Zoo food and beverage outlets
- Free onsite parking
- Star of the month award scheme
- Access to work counselling services
Our Requirements – Cleaner / Waste Management Assistant
- Due to the nature of these roles, a suitable level of physical fitness is required for manoeuvring cleaning tools (including heavy cleaning trolley carts) in all weather conditions
- Enthusiastic with a great work ethic
- Excellent customer service skills with a polite, friendly and helpful attitude
- Team player, reliable and honest
Although not essential, knowledge of COSSH requirements and similar experience gained within a leisure / attraction style environment would be highly advantageous.
All applications for these Cleaner roles are to be submitted online.